Hello Mountain Desert District UUs!
This is to announce that we will be having a business meeting of the Mountain Desert District, by Zoom, on Saturday, October 23, at 10 am Mountain Time. To register, click here.
The conversation about regionalization will continue. It is time to make some important decisions about how to move forward. The specific wording of motions for delegates to vote on will be sent later, but in general we will be looking to authorize the MDD Board of Trustees, with the assistance of legal counsel, to draft agreements to combine with any of the current four districts of the Pacific Western Region as they become ready to do so.
Information about two Zoom meetings to discuss regionalization has gone out, and is available here. It is strongly recommended that delegates attend one of these meetings to better understand the issues.
There will be no charge to attend this business meeting. It is important that we have a quorum of delegates. Your congregation is entitled to the same number of lay and ministerial delegates based on the calculation established at the most recent General Assembly of the UUA. To certify delegates for your congregation, click here.
Included with this communication is the following information:
- Preliminary MDD Annual Meeting Agenda
- Minutes from the February 13, 2021 business meeting held by Zoom
- If you have corrections, it would be helpful to send those in now rather than waiting for the meeting – please send to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Board of Trustees Slate of Candidates and Nomination Information
- Current visioning document for a regionalized Chalice Lighter Program
- Financial statements for the fiscal year ended 6/30/21
Please share this information with your congregations.
Mary Nordhagen, President, Mountain Desert District