The Mountain Desert District will soon merge with 3 other districts to become the Pacific Western Region for real. Before the merger, the MDD has $30,000 to distribute as Chalice Lighter grants. The number and amounts of grants will be determined by the applications received.
To apply for a grant, please write a letter and send it to MDDchalicelighters@pwruua.org. The deadline for submitting the application is April 15, 2023.
- The application letter needs to include the following:
- The name and address of the congregation/covenanting community
- Name and email for contact person
- Background statement/Description of need for project
- Specifics of project, including the proposed budget, listing what resources and/or finances are available from the congregation to help with the project
- The potential impact on the growth of Unitarian Universalist through this project
- Criteria for determining the success of the project
- Number of members of your congregation/covenanting community
- Date application approved by your Board of Trustees
MDD Chalice Lighters