Leadership Development Con
The Mountain Desert District is committed to leadership development in our youth and youth allies.
Each year, Leadership Development Con (LDC) is offered to cultivate multigenerational leaders so that they may hone new skills and better serve their congregations and communities.
This basic training will provide the participant with facilitation skills, a clear understanding of what it means to be a spiritual leader, and prepare them for leadership positions in your congregation, the district, and at cons. Any sophomore or junior who attends this training is able to then apply for the District Youth Chair position (on the Youth Adult Committee).
LDC Grads can be:
- Gaggle Group Leaders – small group ministry facilitators at cons.
- Con Planners – on a team of youth and adults who plan and implement healthy, covenant based district conferences for youth and adult sponsors.
- Workshop Leaders – presenters/facilitators of theme based workshops at conferences.
- YAC Members – Youth Adult Committee members, a district leadership group dedicated to encouraging radical hospitality, youth empowerment, consciousness raising and social change in our district wide community.
- District Youth Chair – head of the YAC, voice of the district youth community
- Future LDC Trainers – District Youth Chair facilitates these trainings alongside a qualified adult.
- QUUest Counselors in Training – Get a discounted rate for QUUest camp and partner with a young adult Counselor to lead one of QUUest’s programs: Worship Arts; Covenant Clans; Craft and Field Games; etc.
Youth that attend must have been in YRUU for at least one year. Youth who will be in YRUU for at least 1 more year may run for District Youth Chair.
Adults who attend will be asked to serve as sponsors for the overnight portion (curfew is 11:00 PM) so that the trainers may sleep off site. Attending this training enables you to facilitate future trainings.