Mountain Desert District hosts a Building Beloved Community event in January of each year. This is a chance for religious professionals and laypeople to gather and explore a specific topic related to building the world we wish to see.
Click on each of these past events for related resources (under construction!):
- 2014: Who Are Our Neighbors?
- Facilitated by Rev. Lois Van Leer, minister in Woodinville, WA, & Chad Beyer, Managing Partner of InclusionWorks.
- Add-On workshop facilitated by Rev. Deborah Holder: Social Change as Religious Vocation: The Fruits of the Radical Spirit
- 2013: Love Beyond Belief
- Featured Presenter: Rev. Dr. Thandeka
- Add-On workshop: Our Hearts Speak, Are We Listening?
- 2012: The Resilient Power of Stories
- Facilitated by Unitarian Universalist minister Jan Christian and Scholar-activist James Tracy.
- 2011: Social Change in a Multicultural World
- Featured Presenter: Janice Marie Johnson, UUA Multicultural Growth Director
- 2010: Nurturing Communitas, Building Solidarity: What’s in Your Toolbox?
- The Gospel of Holly Near: What’s In Your Tool Kit?
- Ministry on the Borderlands
- 2009: How Do We Talk About Race, Class & Privilege?
- Presentations by Class Action, a national non-profit organization that inspires action to end classism
- Dr. Vincent Harding, scholar-activist and founder of the Veterans of Hope Project, Iliff School of Theology.