Mark Your Calendars!
Eric Bliss, Youth Ministry Chaplain for the MDD is offering a Chaplaincy Training in Denver CO May 4-5th, 2012.
This event is open to high school youth and adults who are passionate about youth ministry and have a desire to play an important role in our community, at cons and at home.
What is a chaplain?
Someone who listens to, affirms, and emotionally supports others. Chaplains are individuals who help manage crises, ensure a healthy and safe atmosphere, and bring spiritual resources and support to the community.
Highlights of the Chaplain Training:
- Understanding confidentiality—when to keep and when to break safety concerns
- Maintaining appropriate personal boundaries (physical, emotional, etc.)
- Perceiving and responding to the needs of the conference community as a whole
- Developing communication skills: active listening, non-verbals, non-violent
- Being an empathetic listener, understanding and accepting different emotional situations
- Working as a team with other chaplains, worship planners, and conference staff
If you are interested in the District Peer Chaplain role for 2012/2013, please come to this event. Attendees will choose among them who will fulfill the role of Peer Chaplain for the district at this event.
Posted Tuesday, 31 January 2012 17:43 Written by Jennica Davis